Hello, World! I am a Ph.D. student at UC Davis. I am conducting research in Computer Science Education, Programming Languages, and Software Engineering. My vision is a world where everyone has useful computer science knowledge and skills. I hope my research helps make that vision a reality.Ph.D. Student
- Using Single Free Sorting and Multivariate Exploratory Methods to Design a New Coffee Taster's Flavor Wheel
Molly Spencer, Emma Sage, Martin Velez, and Jean‐Xavier Guinard
Journal of Food Science (2016).
- A Study of" Wheat" and" Chaff" in Source Code
Martin Velez, Dong Qiu, You Zhou, Earl T. Barr, and Zhendong Su
arXiv preprint arXiv:1502.01410 (2015).
- Cumulus: An online cloud development environment and learning management system.
- Categorizer (Demo): Organize coffee flavor attributes into trees. Used to develop the new coffee flavor wheel!
- Lexical Distinguishability: What is the essence of code?
- Bovine Respiratory Disease: Track the grooming behavior of steer (male cows) to better diagnose those that suffer from bovine respiratory disease.
|Ph.D.||Computer Science||University of California, Davis, USA
Advisor: Prof. Zhendong Su
|2012 - Present|
|B.A.||Economics||University of California, Davis, USA||2010|
|Teaching Assistant||Programming Languages (ECS140A)||Winter 2017|
|Teaching Assistant||Programming Languages (ECS140A)||Winter 2016|
|Teaching Assistant||Programming Languages (ECS140A)||Fall 2015|
|Splash 2014 Student Research Competition (1st Place)||2014|
|National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program||2013|
|UCD College of Eng. Towards Outstanding and Promising Students (TOPS) Fellowship||2012|
|Student Volunteer||PLDI 2016|
|Web Co-chair||FSE 2016|